Applying for Apprenticeship
Welcome to the Phoenix Electrical JATC Applications Page
Please view this video before applying
The Trustees of the JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The Trustees of the JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in the apprenticeship. They will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
Currently accepting applications for the semester starting in July 2024.
The application deadline for July’s semester is March 15, 2024.
Please click the toggle below and read all directions
- All applications are to be completed online. If you need access to a computer, email email@example.com to schedule a time to use a workstation at our Training Center.
- You must be 18 years old to be an apprentice in this program.
- There is a $25 processing fee to start an application.
- Documentation of the following will be required to be scanned and uploaded to your application file (If not possible, send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- State-issued photo ID
- High School Diploma or GED
- Transcripts (High School or College) with the following:
- Two semesters of High School Algebra 1 & 2 with a “C” or better or Successful completion of 1 semester of College Algebra.
- If neither of the above is available, you will be required to complete the NJATC Tech Math Course before starting your application – Access the course by clicking here
- Applicants with over 2,000 documented hours of electrical construction experience will be exempted from the school and math requirements above. Experience documentation will need to be provided to the satisfaction of the JATC Trustees and may be comprised of official tax/payroll records or notarized letters from prior employers. These documents should be scanned into your application file or delivered to the Training Center during business hours.
- Applicants with at least three years of active-duty Military service and discharged under honorable conditions will be exempted from the school and math requirements above. A DD-214 must be provided through scanning to your applicant file or delivered to the Training Center during business hours.
- Must be capable of completing all the requirements of the program and performing the work required of an electrical worker, with or without reasonable accommodations, including:
- Safely perform or learn to perform the job’s essential functions safely.
- get to and from work at job sites anywhere within the geographical jurisdiction of this program.
- attend and pass all related instructions.
- understand and follow all JATC Rules and Policies (can be found under the “Resources” tab on this website).
- climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles, and towers of various heights.
- push, pull, crawl, crouch, and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes, and crawlspaces; lift 50 pounds on a consistent schedule and use various hand and power-assisted tools to install conduit, wiring, fixtures, devices, and electrical apparatus within commercial, industrial, and residential buildings.
- read, hear, speak, and understand instructions and warnings in English.
- Once started, all applicants will have 30 days to complete their application online.
- After completing the application, a notice will be sent to you, via email, with a date and time to report to the Training Center for the industry’s aptitude test, which will assess math, language, and reading comprehension.
- (**Currently waived for interview consideration**) A minimum qualifying score of ‘4’ out of a possible score of 9 is required to be scheduled for an interview with the Board of Trustees for the program.
Phoenix Electrical JATC Account Page and Application Portal click here